Flickr Tagging folksominy

Flickr tags

 I think about flickr tagging a lot.  Just about everyday I tag a few photos.  I have some ideas about it.  that is why I took interest when flickr blog made a post about How to Tag Your Photos on Flickr (and why it matters) .  

Flickr Turns Two: Tag 

It gives a couple of reasons to tag your photos, I care a little about driving engagement. I like when a Flickr user finds one of my photos to add to a gallery or request joining a group.  I care much about driving engagement or getting into Explore. It just is not what drives me.  There are too many good photographers out there.  

cloud

I will admit I have over 800,000 photos on flickr.  I really use Flickr as a hugs photo database.  The search feature works well if the photos are tagged.  I tag things I think I want to find later.  I try to only tag in the singular. I think it is important that when people search a title, the tag should match what they are seeing. 

 I am old enough to remember when tagging became a think.  I can remember before I ever heard about the term folksominy.  I can remember the SXSW where everyone came back to the valley talking about it.  I remember when Web 2.0 was going to change the world.  I remember people debating the concept of Web 2.0 verse Ajax that just made it run right.

earthdog flickr clusters 

I really love the ability to take photos.  It is better than letting an app take the photos for me.  I could spend 20 hours a way looking at my photos and tagging them.  

Comments

Popular Posts