A Year of Looking at Hot Wheels

PXL_20231213_055537681

 My 100 x photo project in 2023 was taking photos of Hot Wheels.  When I was a kid Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars were one of my favorite toys.  As a photographer I've been interested in them since I became a father.  They are fun and have a lot of detail.  It is a challenge for up close photography.  It is something that I got into during the pandemic.

This gave me a topic to focus on this year.  I took over 10000 photos for this project. Taking this many photos gave me a chance to make some mistakes and discard some photos.   Once I photo had over 100 views I pulled it out of the 100 X Flickr Group.  I think the dropout group is a good example of the photos I took.  

Dart

I love the detail and verity in Hot Wheels cars.  There are all types of Hot Wheels cars.  They range from realistic to unique to fantastic to just plain strange.  I think this is one of the secret sauces of Hot Wheels.  There is  something for every taste.  If you like Corvettes there is something for you.  If you like unreal hot rods there is something for you.  If you like monsters with wheels there is something for you.

I really like Hot Wheels for a photographic subject.   They are fun and interesting.  There is so much to look at and easy to take photo of.  I really love


DSC_5025

Doing this project impacted the ways I went shopping.  Every time I went to a story I looked for Hot Wheels.  Some store had great selections, some stores had surprising selections, and some stores had just odd products. There is something interesting about searching for hot wheels in stores.  It is not as easy as you would expect to find the cars you want on-line. 

Hot wheels Blowouts 

It was a fun thing to keep my attention for a year.  I am instill interested in Hot Wheels.  I guess I'm a collector now.  I have to figure out what I want to collect from this place forward.   I might need to make a list of all the cars I have. 

Comments

Popular Posts