Travel Notes 4/03/02

Today was the big drive home. That was my only goal today. I went to bed early last night and got up very early this morning. I was out of bed by 3:30 AM and on the road by 4:00. I like starting early. I wanted to clear any major cities before traffic. I was clear of Eugene by 6 AM.

I also like to start driving early because those first almost free. We all have a maximum number of hours that we can spend in a car. I feel that the hours before 7 AM do not count toward that total. It is 7 AM before I realize what I have set out to do.

I was in California at 8:59 AM. It felt cool that I was in California at about the time I would be in work on any other day. I am surprised there are not any huge shopping outlets on the southern Oregon boarder because of the tax-free shopping. I guess there is not that many people close enough to the boarder.

I got back to my apartment in San Jose at 2:30 PM. If you do the math, that is 10.5 hours to get from Portland to San Jose. It is proof if you speed, you can save two or three hours in a full day drive. I drove like I was shot out of a cannon. I know that my car is not fast, but it might be too fast for me. I am not sure what kind of trouble I would get myself into if I hard a really fast car. I got up to 90 at one point and it still did not feel like I was going fast. I stayed between 10 and 15 mph over the speed limit at any time. The roads where empty the whole way back.

I was really sick of driving by the time I got to San Jose. For right now, I do not need to spend hours in my car any time soon. It was good for me to take a road trip. It is something that I have not done for a long time. I do not need it do it any time soon.

Whenever I get back to San Jose I am happy to be home. I wonder if that is a happiness to be back at my home base or if that is a happiness to be back in San Jose. The sun was shinning and it was a beautiful day in San Jose. I give San Jose a hard time a lot. I keep on staying that it lacks something. To be honest, it is not that bad of a place. There are a lot of worst places out there. I should try to figure out how I feel about the city.

Tomorrow I am on my way back to work. Now I am wishing that I took Thursday and Friday off also. It would be nice to have some time to rest before trying to head back to work. I have to try to get back into the swing of things tomorrow. It should be fun. I am looking forward to seeing what everyon says about my hair.

Now I have to figure out a lot of things. I have to figure out if I am going to drive cross country or not. I have to think about what I am going to do for my 30th birthday. I have to figure out what I really think of my life. Some of these things will be harder then others.

Comments

Popular Posts