Hot Takes about Space Travel

Radar Rover

Hot Take, I don't think Humanity will ever be a multi-planet species.  Hotter Take, I don't think we will ever meet a multi-planet species. Hottest take,  I don't think there are any multi solar system species.  

I do not think humans will ever have the political will to do what it takes to support a colony on another plant.  I do not think we will give up what needs to be given up to support a colony long enough for it to sustain itself.  

If every other intelligent life form is like humans, I am not sure they will overcome this problem also.  If there is intelligent life that is different, I am not sure they will have the same drive to go to space.  I could see an intelligent hive dwelling life form that never wants to leave their planet.  You could have hyper-intelligent beings that never create societies.  

Fermi's Paradox is on my side.  I guess I also believe the Rare Earth hypothesis.  

We will revisit this when someone invents a FTL drive. 

Comments

Popular Posts