Century of costume


Comic Con 2007:
Originally uploaded by earthdog.
I have this theory that the 21 century will become the Century of Costume and Cosplay. I cannot tell you how many people I see dress up to go to movies. It seemed like people were dressing up for ever blockbuster this summer. People even dressed up to buy a book this year. No other reason, but to line up and buy a book.

I predict that by the end of the 21st century people will be dressing up like superheroes to go to work everyday, hanging out in pirate bars. People's whole lives will be attached for their fandom for a genre. Look, it already happens with goths and vampire fans.

I think it will be pretty cool with this happens. Costumes all the time. No need to worry about what other people think of you. No standards about how you should dress. No one looking down you because you are a fan. Is there something wrong with me that I want to see this?

Happy Halloween

Comments

Popular Posts