Don't Jail Bloggers

The story of the Egyptian Blogger getting jail time is very disturbing to me. Freedom of speech and freedom of press is the most important freedom to me. I understand that laws are different in different places. I understand not every culture is like my culture. I can see why people want their rules to fit where they live in the world.

My problem is I think speech is the most important thing in the world. Speech is the basis of thought. What is free will without free speech? It is meaningless without free speech. There is no other way I can put it. It is more important than I can even say.

I am not sure what I can do to change what happened in Egypt. I need to do something. It does not look like this situation is about to change right now. I am not even sure what our government could do to help him out. It is important to try.

Comments

Popular Posts