Vacation Day 4



Plenty of people have asked me why would I go back to Philadelphia during the summer. It is a hot humid season. I could visit Philadelphia in the fall or spring when the weather is not so extreme. Staying in San Jose would be much nicer weather wise. Most people think that weather is one of the most important reasons to choose a vacation.

People do not understand how I love summertime in the Philadelphia area. If I came back at any other time of the year I would not be able to go to the swim club with my niece and nephew, go to for water ice, have a BBQ with the family, or go to a baseball game. I have always found there is a specialness to summer in this area. There are so many things we can do year round in San Jose, the summers are just not as special.

I went to the swim club with my niece and nephew today. It reminded me of going when I was a kid. It was a special thing to share with them. It was nice to splash around with them. I would not have been able to do this if I came home some other time of the year.



I took pictures around Center City Philadelphia today. I was meeting a friend for dinner and I decided to take advantage of the late sunset. I spent about two hours just walking around snapping pictures. It has only been the last two years since I have taken the up digital photography has a hobby. I have never taken pictures around the city. It is strange because it is a city that I have a great mental map of but very few pictures.

I want to spend more time downtown taking pictures. There are so many things in Philadelphia that would make good pictures. There is so much public art in Philadelphia. Every new commercial building needs to spend 1% of there budget on Public art. Most of this is in the form of sculptures and murals. That is besides all of the art commemorating history. I am not even sure I could take all the pictures I want during this vacation.

Comments

Popular Posts