Vacation Day 2



After 26 or so hours my luggage finally showed up. There is nothing that makes for a good vacation like sitting around my parents house waiting for someone to bring me my clothing. At least I do not have to go out and buy any new clothing this week.

After I got my luggage, I went into the city. An old friend works at the Kimmel Center. They were having there summer solstice block party. The Kimmel Center was opened after I moved out west and I had never been there before. Since I have not seen my friend in a few years, I knew it was a perfect combination.



The Kimmel Center is an amazing building. It is really like building with smaller buildings inside of it covered by a huge class roof. The main concert hall and the smaller halls are all beautiful. I was also floored by the view from the top floor. It is great to be able to just look and see all the surrounding buildings. I know my picture does not do it justice.

I am happy to see beautiful buildings in Philadelphia. The streets were alive with action after midnight. It is another thing that I like about Philadelphia. It is the kind of thing that makes me think about moving back here.

Comments

Popular Posts