Birthday Hustle

I did not do much today. I felt the best way to celebrate my birthday was to stay away from the world. I did all of my celebrating last weekend.

I did decide to get an ice cream sundae tonight. When I was walking out of Ben & Jerry's this guy got my attention. He asked me where the Warehouse CDs was. I told him the whole chain went out of business. First he tried to sell me a CD walkman. Then he asked me to move his car so the cops would not pull him over, no license. Then he asked me to get a hotel room for him, no license again.

The whole time he was trying to tell me some story. He just did not stop talking, but I had a hard time telling what he was talking about. It was like a novel without a clear plot. The whole time he talked to me it did not feel right. I knew he was trying to get something over on me.

Just before I walked away there were two guys behind us on bikes. That sent my spider sense off the chart. I could just see me getting hit on the back of the head.

I am still trying to figure out why someone was trying to hustle me. I was wearing sweatpants and a dirty t-shirt. I am not sure why the guy marked me. I got out of there before anything else happened. I did not want to end up on the 6 o'clock news.

What a nice birthday story.

Comments

Popular Posts