Comes A Time



Today is my first full day back at my parents house back in Warminster. Before I left San Jose I looked for songs that remind me of living here. For good or for bad, I do not have many songs that remind me of the past. I just did not find a lot of songs that had that strong connection.



I think there is two reasons for this. Back in 1996, two years before I moved, I sold most of my CD collection. I went from having 1000 CDs to having 50. I have also spent most of my life trying not to associate a song with a specific time or place. The songs I cannot do this with seem to slip out of my collection.



Comes A Time is a song that reminds me of being young. It also reminds me of the place I am in my life right now. There comes I time for all things. I have always seen that I would leave here. The question is will there come a time when I come back?



Song: Comes A Time



Artist: Neil Young

Album: Live Rust

Comments

Popular Posts