An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!



A few days ago Joe Strummer died from a heart attack. I have always been more of a Mick Jones guy rather then a Joe Strummer fan. Over the years I have heard people say a lot of things about the Clash. People will say that they are the greatest band since the Beatles, the voice of a generation, the best band to come out of the punk era, and "the only band that mattered." I think that all these ideas can be argued.



Here is what I know to be true. I bought a copy of London Calling the summer before I went away to college. It was number one on Rolling Stones 100 best albums of the 80's. I thought I needed as part of my musical education. Sometime during my first year of college I really started listening to this CD. What I know is that the music I listened to before I owned London Calling I listened to as a boy. The music I listened to shortly afterwards I listened to as a man. I am not saying that London Calling turned me into a man, but there was something about that album that connected to that time in my life.



Song: London Calling



Band: Clash

Album: London Calling

Comments

Popular Posts