Visiting my family

I spend today in Navato with my Aunt and Uncle. They only live about 100 miles away, but I only see them once or twice a year. I like them, but I feel like I have little in common with them. My cousin and his family was there. I like them, they take the pressure off me. The kids are usually the focus. I can just sit back and watch.

My cousin has a two songs, 14 & 12, and a daughter, 9. It is funny to listen to the 14 year son. He is cynical and very sure of himself. It is funny for me to listen to him. He talks like he know everything about the world. He is so sure of himself. I wonder if I was that way when I was 14 years old. He probably sounds more sure of himself then I do.

I wonder what the world will do to him. Will it reward him for his confidence? Will it let him make the decisions that he already thinks are right? I know he is going to learn a lot more during his life. I just wonder how that will effect him.

Comments

Popular Posts