Thin Lines

I got my car washed today. Many of my close friends realized that this is a rare thing for me. I usually let my car just be dirty on the outside. It is usually not much better on the inside either. Today I went all the way, not only cleaning the outside, but also vacuuming the inside also. I am getting ready if the woman on Friday wants to take one car when we go out for drinks.

After I washed my car I really looked at my paint job. There are lots of scratches and chips in my paint job. I am usually someone who does not pay too much attention to my car. While I love driving, I think it is crazy when I see people who's life is their car. San Jose has a real car culture here. There must be 40 cars in the parking lot of my job that cost more then $60K. I would never spend that much money on a car.

I think that there is a line. On one side you have a zen approach to your car. You are utilitarian about transport and your car takes you from point A to point B. On the other side of that line you are a slob and you let you do not take care of the things you own. Where is that line exactly. I would like to say I am on the utilitarian side of that line. Those of you who have ridden in my car might think differently.

Comments

Popular Posts