Thinking About My Job

I had lunch with my friend Don today. Don is also employed at TiVo. We have lunch about once a week. We have been trying to have lunch since the layoffs have come down. This is the first chance that we have had to get together because how crazy our worlds have been.

I told Don about my four ideas of what I might do if I get laid off. I told him about the merits of each of the choices. He told me to stop thinking about all of it. I am just going to waste a lot of mental energy for something that might not happen. There is a good chance that anything I do will not effect the way these decisions are made. I am just going to drive myself crazy thinking about these things.

He also told me that I should not worry about looking for another job now. I like working for TiVo. I like the company, even if I do not always like my job. There is a chance that I could still be with the company when we come out on the other side of the. The worst thing for me to do is pull the rip cord now. I should wait for them to lay me off. Then I can decide what I can do.

One thing is that I should stop spending my money like a drunken sailor. I should try to keep as much of my cash as I can. The more cash I have the more choices I have later. This is going to hard. I always seem to spend all the money I have. I have never been good about saving money. I like to spend more then I have. I will have to do what I can and tighten my belt for when that day might come. Until that day comes I am going to try to relax. I think I have better ideas about what I might do since I was close to that position already.

Comments

Popular Posts