Meeting Jeremy's Girlfriend

I finally got to meet Kat tonight. I "met" here for a few minutes on Friday, but it was only for a few minutes. Last night Jeremy, Kat, and I had dinner together. I have know about Kat for a long time, but I have never met her before. She has been dating Jeremy for more then two years now.

Kat had been described to me as a Communist. She is a part-time union organizer. She described herself as left-of-liberal. I am on the other hand of the political spectrum. I am not a total right wing nut, but I am a card carrying republican. I voted for George Bush, Bob Dole and George W. Bush. I can say that we have different points of view on the world.

Kat looked just as I expected her to look. She has long dark hair, glasses and a sly smile. Jeremy had described her to me and she looked that way. I was surprised that she was so close to my mental image. People are never that close to your mental image of them.

The odd part was that she did not act anything like the way I expected her to act. I was expecting her to be more mysterious. My mental image was someone that was a few mental steps in front of everyone else in the room. I expected someone that was cynical and hard to the world. I guess I expecting a old goth girl that how grown up.

Kat is a much more cheery person then I expected. She seemed to be the kind of person who almost bubbling over most of the time. It is hard for me to describe her without it sounding like I am making fun of her. I am not trying to make fun of her. She seemed like the kind of woman still likes stuffed animals.

I think I understand what Jeremy sees in her. She does not seem like an easy woman to understand. Jeremy said that he has had two types of girl friends in his life, the Smiths fan and the stuffed animal fan. He thinks that Kat is in both groups. I can see why Jeremy likes this.

Comments

Popular Posts