Old Media dilemma

Old Style 

I have this old camera, it was the first digital camera I really used very much.  It has this old memory card called a Smart Media. I recently got this camera to work again.  The problem is I don't have a way to get the photos off the camera.  I found a manual for this camera and refers to Windows 98 drivers.  According to Wikipedia, it was released in 2003.  My current computer will not recognize the camera when I try to connect it.  I could buy a card reader from Amazon for $40, but I am not sure it is worth it for a gag of using this really old camera.  

I hear that young people have started using old digital point and shoot cameras.   I wonder how far back their obsession goes.  The other day I saw an old Mavica camera at the thrift store.  You would need a old 3.5 floppy drive to use that camera.  

I have been working on a project where I've been trying to use all my cameras and lens this year.  I tried the project last year, but I didn't complete it.  I'm not sure how far I should go to try to complete it this year. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts