Music Listening Project 2023 update

DSC_3392

After three weeks of this listening project I've learned something.   I need to be somewhat familiar with some of the songs on the albums to hook into the songs.  If I'm really hearing the album for the first time, or the first time for a very long time, my mind tends to wonder.  I don't need to know all of them, but it is hard to pick up new songs. 

In college I figured out I had to listen to an album about 10 times to understand if I liked it or not.   If I just listened to an album once, I usually didn't recall the songs.  If I listened to it 5 times, I could not tell you anything interesting about the album.  

I'm not sure what I'm learning with this project.  There is a structure for what I'm trying out.  It has been good so far. 

 

Week One - 1972
David Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Al Green - Lets Stay Together
Nick Drake - Pink Moon
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
Lou Reed - Transformer
Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach
Aretha Franklin - Young Gifted and Black
Big Star - 1 Record
Jethro Tull - As Thick As A Brick
Pete Townshend - Who Came First

Week Two - 1973
Elton John - Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Genesis -Selling England by The Pound
Paul McCarthy - Band On The Run
Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Raw Power
Bruce Springsteen - Greetings from Asbury Park NJ
Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

Week Three - 1974
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic
Big Star - Radio City
Richard and Linda Thompson - I Want To See These Bright Lights Tonight 
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Week Four - 1975
Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks
Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy





Comments

Popular Posts