November Rain

 

I was riding in the car yesterday when November Rain came on the radio. I turned it up and drove a little further so I can hear the whole song. Maybe it is because I was 19 when this song came out, but I unironically love it. I know November Rain might be the most self indulgent song with the most self indulgent video of all time. The video has a Wedding, A funeral, a rain storm, a guitar solo shot from a helicopter and a full orchestra. I remember seeing an interview where Axl admits to the indulgence the video.
 
All of that said, the song still gives me goose-pimples when I listen to it. It moves something in me every time. If you are going to make a 9 minute song for radio, you might as well go as big as you can.
 
Do you have a song that you feel this way about?

Comments

Popular Posts