Phillies Pill Box Hat

New Hat

Facebook has been advertising me a hat this style for over 18 months, but whenever I clicked on the advertisement it would be out of stock.  This happened over and over again.  This might not been the same style as I got to buy.  This had it adjustable, not fitted.  I really prefer fitted hats.

This hat was the alternative for 1976 season, as the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the National League.  Seeing this hat in photos in the newspaper is one of my first memories of baseball.  I remember the Phillies playing this hat.  I always loved this hat because it was not like other baseball caps.  The Pirates kept this style of hat for several years.  

I am happy I have one of these hats now.  I like that it is unusual and I remember it.  Most baseball fans alive were not around for when this hat was on the field.  I feel like I'm getting strange in my old age.  



Comments

Popular Posts