Everyday for a decade

New Year's Eve: Kiss me at midnight

In 2004 I undertook my first 365 project and failed that year.  I also failed in 2006, 2007, and 2008.  The first year I succeed was 2010.  I didn't succeed until I had regular access to a smart phone.  I had a cell phone with a camera before that, but that was not enough.  Having a smart phone with a camera made it so much easier to get a photo every day.

I realized in 2012 was 25 percent way to doing this for 10 years.  This really excited me because I could see really doing it.  It became my goal and a big drive.  Photography has become my main hobby for the past decade.  I have taken at least one camera with me everywhere I've gone for the past decade.

This is a pretty hard thing to track.  I changed the way I tracked the the project. Below you will see the Flickr albums for each of the years.  Yes there are photos missing.  It might take a while before I get this cleaned up, it takes a while to figure out which days are missing from the sets.

I could not have done this project without Flickr as a place to keep the photos.  I had time to take photos every day, but I didn't have time to edit, upload, tag and categorize photos every day. 

If I had all the time in the world, I'd make a list of my best photos, a list of all the cameras I used, a list of the subjects, a list of the locations, and anything else that strikes me.

This has been the best artistic project of my life.  Maybe because it was more than a thousand little art projects.  It was something that kept me thinking about photography and the world around me everyday.  

2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019,

December 31: Frog Hopper

Comments

Popular Posts