The Sadness of Netflix

August 1: Goodies from Netflix

I am not sure if it is just me, but there seems to be a great deal of sadness in Netflix's original content. Black Mirror, 3%, Lost in Space, House of Cards, Altered Carbon, Stranger Things, all of these shows have a great deal of sadness at there core.  Even the comedies BoJack, GLOW, and  Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt have a sad undertow.  

Maybe I am getting stuck at the wrong point because of how my actions impact the suggestion engine.  We watch One Day At A Time and Grace and Frankie on Kate's profile. I want to watch some joyful TV some of the time. I wonder if Netflix is not the place for that or is it just something about this moment about streaming content right now.  I need to find more TV that is joyful. 

Comments

Popular Posts