Need Book Suggestions for the Treadmill

I've been reading as a walk on the treadmill.  I like to read because it helps the time go faster.   I have been able to read with the Kindle Fire HD on the treadmill in a way I cannot read a regular book.  Reading on the treadmill is a challenge no matter what.   I am not totally focused on the book so I need to be able to pick the right books.  It has to be an easy but engaging read.  Something I can jump back into if my focus gets pulled away.  Something that I can comprehend even without full attention. If you have any suggestions for my Treadmill Reading list let me know.  I think I am am going to start on Short Stories and Essays. 

Comments

Lisa Eckstein said…
READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline is a fun novel full of 80s nostalgia, especially focusing on old video games. It's an exciting story, but pretty straightforward, so I think it fits the bill for "easy but engaging".
Rich said…
I have Ready Player One, but have not read it yet. Thank you.
Stephen Lacy said…
I've been reading the Hunger Games trilogy. Pretty much meets your criteria. Fast moving, engaging, but easy enough to put down & pick up again without a lot of "where the heck was I".
Stephen Lacy said…
Also, I found this post about Star Trek novels pretty compelling: http://io9.com/5967305/essential-star-trek-novels-that-even-non+trekkies-should-read But I haven't picked up any yet, they may be next on my list of "light fiction" but maybe they're not so light?

Popular Posts