Looking Through Old Photos

P1050054

When I got my MacBook Pro I found a stash of Old Photos. Over the last few months I have been sorting though the photos to post them on Flickr. Right now I am in the pre-Flickr era of early 2004. I got a new camera in December of 2003 and I was taking photos of everything in 2004. I can tell I was just looking for things to take picture of.

This is not the first time I have tried to post some of these photos to Flickr. The difference is that my ideas about Flickr have changed since then. Right now my idea is to post the maximum number of photos to Flickr. Any photo I took that is not on Flickr is not on my mind. It will not make a blog and I will never think of it again.

In the past I wanted Flickr to highlight my best photography. Now I want Flickr to be a place where all my photography can be seen. It makes Flickr a memory place more than an artist place. I have no problem with that.

When I look at this photos lots of things come to my mind. One think is I am a better photography now. I have learned something about composition and framing. I also know the limits of my camera. I have learned by looking at my photos to put them up on Flickr and by looking at other photos on Flickr.

I want to go back to some of the places I took photos in the past and take photos now. I feel that I could do a much better job.

Comments

Popular Posts