Thinking about September 11

I struck me today that I have lived a quarter of my life since the attacks on September 11, 2001. I had not thought about that fact until today. In that ten years I have made some of my closest friends, established my career, started blogging, began a photography hobby and met the women I married.

I joined Live Journal and started blogging because of 9/11. Blogging and Live Journal got me involved with much of my social scene in San Jose. It lead me to do National Novel Writing Month and join Flickr. These things are so much a part of me, but before 9/11 they were not part of my life.

This is important to me because ten years is a long time. There are lots of people out there that got frozen in time because of 9/11. I understand how people's lives got changed in such a way, they cannot escape that moment. I am very thankful that I am not one of those people.

My heart goes out to people who lost family and loved ones on 9/11. I understand how a lost this big can rip people apart. Even after a decade you can see how much America still needs to heal. I look forward to that healing.

Comments

Stephen Mack said…
Well said, Rich.

Popular Posts