Thoughts about DC Reboot

Comic Con 2007: Justice League


Last week there was a rumor that DC comics would be doing a total reboot in September. It looks like those rumors are true. It came out today that DC Comics are restarting 50 comics at Issue 1 in September. There are lots of questions about what will happen. There seems like there are a lot of details that need to be filled in.

I know that people have been working on this for a while. My guess is the stories are already in the can. Knowing that I have some advice for the New DC Comics Universe. There are a lot of things that really bother me.

1 - Don't Just throw away your History. DC Comics have been around since before World War 2. I think it would be really bad to just throw that history away. When they reboot they should still have Golden Age Green Lantern and Golden Age Flash. This leads me two point number 2.

2 - Fix the Time Line If Batman has been around in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's, there should be at least eight different guys to hold the title Batman. I think there would be no problem if the title of Batman got passed down from character to character. It would make for a great story telling world.

3 - Invest in Minor Characters What I loved about DC in the 90's was how they wrote about minor characters. Of course people want to sell comics about the Big Three (Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman) and the rest of the Justice League Mainstays (Flash, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow). I think some of the best comics have been about the other characters. My Favorite Books from the 90's include Suicide Squad, Checkmate, Doom Patrol, and Justice League International. I think you need to keep on writing new characters that people will like. I think that is a way to get new people into comics.

Comments

Popular Posts