Travel: Pike Place Market, Bainbridge Island, and the Queen Anne

DSC_1568

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Anthony_Bourdain/Episodes_Travel_Guides/ci.Episode_Pacific_Northwest.map?fbid=0xbaZvHDgTg

After seeing the Pacific Northwest episode of No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain on the Travel Channel it was easy to convince Kate to go to Pike Place Market. I can best describe Pike Place Market as Disneyland of Framers Markets. It is the kind of food Mecca that my foodie friends would all worship at. There were too many good things there. You could easily blow a grand there if you are not careful.

Pike Place Market Crabs

We stopped at Piroshky Piroshky. A Piroshky is a little Russian pastry, often with meat in them. Kate picked the beef and cheese which was great. I picked the sausage, which I would tell other people not to pick. It was a nice little breakfast. If I lived in Seattle I would have to make an effort to stay away from Piroshky Piroshky.

Piroshky Piroshky

After a trip to Pike Place Market, we took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island. I was told that just the trip over and back was worth it. We picked the right day for it. It was cloudless and clear. We could see everything. It is a beautiful place to be on a boat. We were treated to beautiful views of the city and the whole Puget Sound.

From the Ferry

This is a trip I have been meaning to take for a long time. To my count this is my sixth trip to Seattle, on the last five I always wished I made it to Bainbridge Island. It was a little easier to figure out why after I saw Giada's Weekend Getaways. We did go to Cafe Nola for brunch just like Giada. Kate had a Salmon Salad.

DSC_1912

I had the famous Caramel Pecan French Toast. It lived up to the billing. The bacon was the best Bacon I had in a ling time. The French Toast was amazing. I think it will be a long time before I will bring myself to order french Toast again.

March 20: Breakfast at Nola

We spent about two hours walking around Bainbridge Island before we took the ferry back.

McMenamins QueenAnne

That night we walked over to one of the McMenamins restaurants in Seattle. It was "walking distance" from our hotel. Google Maps walking routes almost got me yelled at the night before my Anniversary. Kate and I love McMenamins in Portland. Every trip so far we have had the sampler and a lot of conversation. It was a good night of the two of us talking and enjoying beer.

Comments

Popular Posts