Happy New Year, that was 2009

New Year's Eve: Kiss me at midnight

Wow 2009 was a hell of a year. There is not much else I can say about it. It was just amazing. Everything went as planned, but it was so much better then I expected. The big point of the year was March, 21. My wedding day. The whole year up to that point seemed to be getting ready for the wedding. I will admit that getting ready for the wedding was stressful. I will say the first three months of the year was more stressful than the rest of the year combined. It was worth it.


The rest of the year after that was about learning how to be a married man. Kate and I lived together for about 16 months before being married. Lots of people ask if being married was different than not being married, for me it is. Things between Kate and myself became intense. It was like the stakes are higher. If I did something wrong, I felt worse about it. It was like the reality of being married hit me.

My God Father's Wife Janis gave us a piece of advice after the wedding. She told us that you need to work at you marriage everyday if you want it to be good. This seems true to me and I have been trying to live this idea. I try to work to be a better person for my wife. It is not always easy, but it is always worth it.

This year Kate and I went to Portland, Sacramento, Monterey, Comic Con, Baseball Games, and all over San Jose. This year has been about the two of us. We have spent a lot of time together, even both did National Novel Writing Month this year. We stayed home this Christmas so we could have our own Christmas Tree, It was really cool.

The best thing I did not related to getting married was getting my bike back on the road. I decided it was silly to drive to the gym, ride the bike at the gym to warm up, and drive back. That got my bike back into riding shape. It took a little more for me to get myself into riding shape.

Being married has been really good to me. I am losing weight, getting more exercise, and feeling better. I really feel this has been one of the best years of my life. It was definitely the best year of my adult life. I am hoping the trend continues. I know that I need to work at my life to keep that trend alive.

Below is my first photo from 2009

happy new year

Comments

Popular Posts