The Broadstreet Bullies v. The Red Army

While researching The Miracle On Ice I found the story about the Philadelphia Flyers versus the HC CSKA Moscow. The game is also known as The Broadstreet Bullies v. The Red Army.

For Philadelphia sports fans, this is one of the moments that separate the real fans from the posers. The real fans have heard about this game. I am not old enough to remember this game, I was only three years at the time. I have heard story of this game since I was a little kid.

There is something about sports and the cold war. I do not think international sports will ever have this feeling again for the US. The American professional sports all have international players in them. Sports is so much about money now, they do not have that same nationalism feel. These days are gone forever.

Related Links.
Summit Series Game 6
CBC Archives

Comments

Popular Posts