9/11/01 to 9/11/08

Flag

Today is the seventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America. I feel very far away from it. Seven year is a long time. In fact I have lived more than 20% of my life since the 9/11 attacks. A lot in my life has changed since that. I really feel that those years are the prime of my life.

It also feel far way because I live on the West Coast. I think that 9/11 feels different on the West Coast than it does on the East Coast. So times I think that the people here see it as something that happened while in New York and Washington is feels like something that is still happening. I see lots of people out here roll their eyes when politicians wrap themselves in 9/11.

In some ways it is still happening. We have not got to the end of the fall out from 9/11. We have two wars going on, the TSA, RealID, the patriot act, changes in immigration policy, the price of gas, the presidential election, all of these things are happening now and are changed because of 9/11.

The attacks on 9/11 where the first global event of the 21st century. It is the event that informs much of the world today. I look forward to a day where 9/11 is something in the history books. All things get there eventually. I just wonder how long this will take.

Comments

Popular Posts