Photography and cops

All Star Game: Water Cops

I hate stories where cops tell people that photography is a crime. I really hate stories where cops threaten someone with Jail time if they do not turn over their camera. Stomping on a memory card because the person took a photo of you on your cell phone is being a bully.

I have been reading the photography is not a crime blog a lot lately. There is a lot in play here when it comes to cops and photography. I know that cops are worried that a photograph does not tell the whole story about what is going on. That does not give cops the right to trample over people because they are taking a photo.

I need to take more photos of police officers. I need to stand up for my rights. I think that every photographer needs to stand up like this.

Comments

Popular Posts