Photo A Day Project Failed

Febuary 1: Profile

For the third year in a row, my photo a day project failed. I have sent out to take a photo every day of the year and have not been able to keep it up. I have a hard time with this for two reasons. I have a hard time finding the artistic drive that the project needs. I start to run out of themes quickly into the year. After a while I started to get lazy. It would have taken a lot of effort to take photos that are new.

Part of the problem is that I have some 8000+ photos on flickr. There are lots of things subjects in this area which I have already shot. It was also hard to find the time. It was not at the front of my thoughts everyday.

Here are a few things I can try next year to make it work better.

1. Pre-plan more photos - Try to have my next week of photos figured out before I get there. This will help me figure out when I need to go out of my way to get a photo.
2. Let myself take photos I have taken before. If I need to take a photo of City Hall or the Mary Statue it is okay.
3. Do not go to the same well too many times. I got bored because I took too many photos of myself in the same way. This got really boring after a while.
4. Put time aside to take pictures. It is hard to find time some days. It might be easier to find the time if I put it on my calendar.

Let me know if you have any hints about doing a 365 photo project.

Comments

Popular Posts