36 Years

Turning 36

Today is my 36th birthday. Last year at my birthday I was working a different job and single. Now I have been at my current job for 10 months and I am engaged now. It has been a year of big change of me. By the time I turn 37 I will be married.

The year has moved very quickly. Being 34 really sucked. It was one of the worst years of my life. Being 35 was great. It was a year that really did a lot to redefine my life. It is odd to think there is this person in my life, who I love and cannot imagine being without now. A year ago I did not know her. This year has been about getting to know her and getting to know myself.

I made a list of highlights of my life, but I realized something making this list. The really good parts of this year came in between the highlights. They came in the everyday points of my life. Going to watch Eagles Games in the local Eagles Bar, going to giants games with Kate sitting out in the bleachers, going to lunch with friends, and meeting people in coffeehouses are the moments I am really going to cherish from this year.

When I look back on being 35 I will smile. Being 34 kicked my ass so much, I guess I deserved a good year. I am not sure what 36 will bring me. I know some things I am planning, but there are always surprises.

Highlights of 35
Comic Con
Started New Job
Meeting Kate
Christmas in Salinas
Taking Kate to Meet My Parents
New Years in Pennsylvania
Visiting Portland
Getting engaged
Planning the wedding

Comments

Popular Posts