Travelogue - Staying the Night

2008 Spring Vacation: 6th Ave Motel

On this trip we are going to be staying a couple of different places. I think this is an interesting way to see a city. Thursday night we needed to stay someplace cheap. From the moment we got into town I had a place in mind.

When I first heard the Decemberist song On the Bus Mall the line In our rat trap hotel by the freeway made me think of an place by my old apartment. Last night we decided to stay there.

I am not sure this was the place the Colin Maloy was really singing about, but after staying there, it just might be. It was not the worst motel I have ever stayed at. There was no evidence of rats, mice or cockroaches around the room. The carpet was not sticky under my feet. It did not smell funny.

Comments

Popular Posts