Take that FCC

I am happy to hear the The Courts Rebuff the FCC on Indecency. I am one of the people who things the FCC can only regulate the airwaves because they are a public resource. They should not be regulating the content on cable. They can be regulating other parts of the cable business, like the monopoly aspect or technical aspects. I think that the first amendment should apply to cable content.

“We are very pleased with the court’s decision and continue to believe that the government regulation of content serves no purpose other than to chill artistic expression in violation of the First Amendment,” said Scott Grogin, a senior vice president at Fox. “Viewers should be allowed to determine for themselves and their families, through the many parental control technologies available, what is appropriate viewing for their home.”


I am tired of people saying that television has to be made safe for their children. I do not want to make the world child safe. If you do not want your children to see these things, you have choices. Do not limit my choices because you want to limit when television shows air. This is what I think the true small government republican stance should be.

Comments

Popular Posts