Flickr, eye and I


Portland Vacation: Above
Originally uploaded by earthdog.
I think flickr is changing the way my brain works. I know this sound extreme, but I think it is true. I think that using flickr all the time is changing the way I see the world and the way my brain processes visual information. I am not sure if this change is a good thing or not.

I have not always been the most visual person in my life. I am usually a word person. I think about the words that I hear and I have a running dialog going in my head. I am a person who thinks about the world by thinking about how I would describe it. I have been that way as long as I could remember.

Using flickr has changed that. More often I am thinking about the world in the ways I would take pictures of the world. When I see something I am thinking about the pictures I might be able to take. I think about something I have seen on Flickr or how another photographer would take the picture.

Flickr is changing the way I see the world. I do not know where the limit of that change is. I am not sure if I should just let it go where it will or try to push for the change.

Comments

Popular Posts