No sympathy

It seems that a student in Colorado was arrested for comments that classmates deemed sympathetic toward the gunman blamed for killing 32 students and himself at Virginia Tech. Wow! That just shocks me. Now sympathizing is enough to get arrested. Even if the guy was angry, it is not illegal to be angry.

I will admit that I have some sympathy for the gunman. I was an outsider in college. I knew enough people who did not have it all together. But for the grace of God go I. My brain worked correctly when I had dangerous thoughts. I had the brain chemistry to pull myself back from the edge.

I would never kill anyone. That does not mean that I have never been discussed with American Society. I do not know what that guy in Colorado said but to think no one could understand Cho Seung Hui it just dreaming. To ask no one to say think understand him is just putting on rose colored glasses. Cho Seung Hui was not a monster, he was a human. His darkness is in many of us.

Comments

Popular Posts