Apple Calling

I like this article about the So-called iPhone that everyone is looking forward to. I have always has questions about an Apple Cell Phone. Would it be a smart phone, like the Trio and Blackberry or would it just be a phone that also had a music player.

Much of the problem has to do with the cell providers. They make money from controlling the experience. Most people get phones from the cell providers because the providers pay for the cost of the hardware. This means that Apple would have to make a deal with some cell phone providers or they would have to make a phone so good that people are willing to pay full price for it.

I am not sure the Apple or customers would really be happy with an iPhone. I know that people want to know what Apple could do to a cell phone, but I think the issues are too large. I want to see what they can do, but I do not think the can just change the market. Cell phones are a pretty mature product, I am not sure apple can come in and just change everything.

Comments

Popular Posts