Imagine there's no people

Quite often I am amazed by the world around me. I am amazed at all the ways that humans have been able to change the earth. I try to imagine what the south bay was like before there were any people here. It is very hard for me to imagine.

I also wonder what will happen after we go. If there an intelligent species after us, will they be able to find out we were here? If they can, how will that effect how they develop? How will they view us if they knew we were here.

I look around me and wonder how long all of this will last after we are gone. It appears that the people at New Scientist have been asking some of the same questions with their article, Imagine Earth without people

All things considered, it will only take a few tens of thousands of years at most before almost every trace of our present dominance has vanished completely. Alien visitors coming to Earth 100,000 years hence will find no obvious signs that an advanced civilization ever lived here.


This is just more proof that nothing endures. Everything will have an end.

I found this on Angela-la-la's LJ

Comments

Popular Posts