Another Year, another almost novel

We less than a month away from National Novel Writing Month. I am planning on doing it again this year. I always enjoy National Novel Writing Month. I enjoy the south bay community of nano writers more than anything else. I do it over and over again because it is my chance to hang out with friends I only see one month a year.

As I see it, I have no reason not to try. It is not like I have someone to spend my time with. Trying in not a really big commitment. If it gets away from me I can always stop.

This will be my fourth year. I want I know is that it will be different than the past. I know that because it has never been the same any two years. Doing it once a year means that I do not learn efficent habits. I have very little trial and error.

I also feel like a different person that I did before. I guess that I have felt like a different person every year. Some years it is more evident that others. This year it is very plain to see.

I am not really sure what I am going to be writing this year. I have a coule of ideas, but it is like waiting for a waiter to come take my order. The longer I wait the more I change my mind. I haved a few ideas, but there are always more ideas to be had. I am not sure I can make a novel out of any of them.

I am not sure if I should try to be funny or try to be dramatic. Writing any kind of comedy is very hard for me. It is much easier for me to be dark. The problem is I am not sure anything wants to read anything that I write that is dark. I am not sure what I need to do.

Comments

Popular Posts