Interesting Fight

There is an interesting fight at SJSU over Skype. On one side the University does not want let third parties use their network. As per the license agreement Skype users must leave must run an application that relays calls when ever the computer is on.

On the other side students and staff want access to Skype. I understand that people say this is about education and students saying that this is an important tool. Steve Slone makes some great agreements of why the school should use Skype.

To be honest, I do not care how this plays out. I do not have anything invested in this fight. I think the best outcome would be for Skype to edit their license agreement for University and Govenment users. I am not sure if would happen or not. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comments

Popular Posts