Bit Torrent for the Mainstream

I read some blogs and blog columnist say they were disappointed at Apple that iTunes 7 does not have HD support. They want shows and movies in at least 1080i resolution. Whenever asked about download bandwidth and time constraints, they say that Apple should use BitTorrent or a system like it. I hear people all the time talk about BitTorrent like it is free bandwidth.

Could a commercial service like Apple's iTunes Music Story use a shared distribution system successfully? I am not sure what the technical barriers to this would be. My guess is that it would not be as easy as it seems. Even if it was really easy, I am not sure what kind of customer experence it would be. I am not sure a technology like BitTorrent would support the kind of business Apple or Amazon wants to build.

Comments

Popular Posts