Tax Revenues Surprise

New York Times: Surprising Jump in Tax Revenues Is Curbing Deficit

This is the kind of story that I do not talk about with my friends. I know that tax revenues is not the type of things that the average blogger really geeks out about. We talk about politics a decent amount, but taxes seems to be one thing we keep away from.

I like this story. The basic story is that we would be in great shape if we were not in such bad shape. We are reducing the Deficit from really outrageously bad to just outrageously bad.

Here is my favorite quote:

"The long-term outlook is such a deep well of sorrow that I can't get much happiness out of this year," said Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a former director of the Congressional Budget Office and a former White House economist under President Bush.


Even when good things happen the world is still going to hell.

Comments

Popular Posts