Best of 2006 early

Every year I make a best of the year mix. This year I have been focused on listening to music from 2006. I want to hear as much new music as I can stand. We are half way through the year. I realized that I could make a first draft of my best of 2006 mix right now.

I am not saying this is going to be the mix at the end of the year or that these songs will make the cut. I am just saying this is a pretty good place to start. Tell me what you are listening to this year.

2006 so far:

Belle & Sebastian - To Be Myself Completely - The Life Pursuit
Built To Spill - The Wait - You In Reverse
Drive By Truckers - Gravity's Gone -A Blessing and a Curse
Gnarls Barkley - Just A Thought - St. Elsewhere
Mac Lethal - Walkin' On Nails - SXSW 2006 Showcasing Artist
Calexico - Deep Down - Garden Ruin
Gnarls Barkley - Just A Thought - St. Elsewhere
The Minus 5 - My Life as a Creep - The Gun Album
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Cat Power - The Greatest - The Greatest
Jenny Lewis - You Are What You Love - Rabbit Fur Coat
Cities - Writing on the Wall - Cities
Jon Langford - Gold Brick - Gold Brick
The Pixies - Debaser (Norfolk, VA - 12/6/2004) -Hey - Live Pixies
Love of Diagrams - No Way Out - SXSW 2006 Showcasing Artist
Josh Ritter - Girl in the War - The Animal Years

Comments

Popular Posts