World Cup

I have been watching the FIFA World Cup over the last few days. I am not a huge soccer fan. I went to see the US National team play the Japan a few weeks ago. The game was pretty good. After seeing a game live I liked it a lot more.

Over the last couple of days I have been watching the world cup. I have enjoyed watching the World Cup. It is easy to see how important every moment of every game is. Where there is so little scoring very break away is important.

I will be watching the US game on Monday. I am hoping the US can make a good showing. I do not want soccer to become our national game. I think it would great for the US side to get into the knockout round get to the finals.

I listened to a sports talk show host talk about the Trinidad and Tobago v. Sweden match. Trinidad and Tobago had to play almost the whole second half a man down. They are the longest shot in the World Cup, but they will still able to hold Sweden scoreless. If you think about the popular team sports in the US. There is no way a football, basketball, or hockey where a team could play half the game a man down and play to a draw. I think this is one of the things about soccer that Americans do not understand.

Comments

Popular Posts