When the Dream Fades

In case you have not heard, Dreamgirl and I are broken up. It happened for a lot of reasons and I will not go into them here. In the end the physical distance between us put other things between us. There were lots of things that just did not work in the end. Some times age and distance are too much of a barrier.

I am not angry with her. Dreamgirl did what was right for her. I have no problems with that. I am sad. It is going to take me a while to get over her. I had never felt for a women like that before. She is something special and it will take a while to get use to the fact that she is no longer in my life.

I know there are things I could have done to avoid this. I kept on putting things off thinking I could take care of them later. We all do think in relationships, put things off thinking you have all the time in the world. I will have to remember for next time to not put those things off.

Our one year anniversary would have been on this Sunday. I enjoyed the year we had together. After I get over Dreamgirl I think I will be able to look back at this year and smile. It was a good experience for me. I know more about myself now. I do not see that year as a waste.

I wish Dreamgirl all the best. I want her life to the best it can be. I still care for her and I want her to find what will make her happy.

Who knows what tomorrow holds for me. This is just another reminder to live in the present.

Comments

Popular Posts