I am 34


My birthday Photo
Originally uploaded by earthdog.

Today is my birthday. I have been thinking about my birthday all day. I have been thinking about it for over a week now.

When I turned 33 I had not idea what the year had in store for me. I did not know that I would meet a wonderful woman and fall in love. I did not expect that I would get a promotion at work and so some of my best work ever. I did not expect that I would be so engaged in photography. I did not know where what about the year would be hard and what would be easy. Looking back at the year I am a bit surprised by those things.

It is odd for me to think that I did not know Dreamgirl this time last year. It was my birthday post that go our relationship started. I guess I will always see my birthday posts a little differently now. I am sad that she is not here on my birthday. I have been a little bumbed out that I do not get to see her more often. I wanted her to be here for my birthday.

The lesson from being 33 is that I should engage the things that are hard. In love, work, and life there are things that are hard, but that does not make those things less important. By engaging them and trying to find solutions I grew a lot. I learned things about myself that I did not know was true. I found things out that where only there because I was engaging life. That has made this one of the best years of my life.

I am not sure what the next year has instore for me. I look forward to it. I know that life is all about not knowing what is in front of you.

Comments

Popular Posts