Hit The Road


The Road
Originally uploaded by earthdog.

I used to love to drive. I used to find something spiritual about it. Driving is less fun than it used to be. It is more of a chore than it was before. I wonder if that is because I have a place of my own. Not just an apartment, but a place in the world that I feel is mine. I have the places I need when I need some time to myself.

I drove to see Dreamgirl this weekend. The drive just felt like a chore. I just wanted to get from one place to another. I am not sure if this is because I am older or if I have changed.

There are a lot of places I would like to drive. I might not have liked this drive because I was not willing to take the time to stop anywhere. Maybe more places to stop would make these drives better. Maybe I still would enjoy a drive cross country.

Comments

Popular Posts