There is a roadtrip calling my name


Pioneer Courthouse Square
Originally uploaded by earthdog.

It is offical. The first major roadtrip of the year has been booked. I am going am going to be visiting Portland, Oregon from March 30 to April 4. I am looking forward to the trip. I will be visiting my friends Don & Jenna who just moved up there.

I love to travel. I seem to visit Portland on all the even years. I moved there in 1998. I have visited there in 2000, 2002, 2004, and now again in 2006. It is a pretty good patern. I would not be unhappy if I visit Portland every other year for the rest of my life.

I am dying for a road trip. There is something that is so freeing about getting in the car and going somewhere. I know that I am a little spoiled because I get a good amount of vacation from work. I took my last vacation in November and the road is calling me again.

I am sorry that Dreamgirl will not be able to come along with me. I would love to take her along with me. I want to show her a city that I love. I want to show the places that I envisiton when I think of Portland. My year in Portland was so important to me, I want share some of it with her.

I am looking forward to seeing my friends up there. It is cool to see Don and Jenna. I miss having lunch with Don ever week. I am hoping to see a few other people while I am up there. I have not kept in the best contact with people in Portland, but they still seem to pop up when I visit.

What I love the most visiting Portland is just hanging out in the city. Portland it a great city to just hang in. I miss Powell Books, the Saturday Market, the Kennedy School, Hathworne ave, and all Pioneer Courthouse Square. I am looking forward to just hanging out in the city.

Comments

Popular Posts