Road Trip Music

When I think about traveling I think about music. These things have been connected ever since I was a little kid. When I go on a trip I always think about what music I will be taking along with me. Since this is a driving trip I will make a couple of mixes, carefully pick the CDs for my car, and pack my iPod with just the right songs. I plan on listening to a lot of music while I am in Portland.

I have made two road mixes for myself already. This are listed below. Dreamgirl made a road mix for me, but I am waiting until the trip begins to listen to it. If anyone wants to make me a mix I would be happy to take it along.

I am looking for road trip music suggestions. I am looking ideas for songs and albums that I should take with me. If I get enough suggestions I will make a Sad Salvation Readers Roadtrip mix.

What should I be listening to on my Trip?

Portland 2006 Roadtrip Mixes

Carrying the last year with you songs of 2005 traveling mix

A Movie Script Ending - Ben Gibbard
Moving to LA - Art Brut
Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
Every Ship Must Sail Away - Blue Merle
Let It Blow - Richard Thompson
Busting Up a Starbucks - Mike Doughty
Via Chicago - Wilco
In the Aeroplane - Christian Kiefer
World Waits For You - Son Volt
On The Bus Mall - The Decemberists
Landed - Ben Folds
I Was Never Young - Of Montreal
Walk Away - Franz Ferdinand
This Year - The Mountain Goats
I Can See For Miles - Petra Haden
Trucker's Atlas - Sun Kil Moon
North Star - Magnolia Electric Co

Let the Wind Take Your Troubles Away

405 - Death Cab For Cutie
Truckers Atlas - Modest Mouse
Here Comes the Sun - Beatles
Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
Rocket 88 - His Delta Cats & Jackie Brenston
The Turnaround Road - Diane Cluck
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Genesis
Allison Road - Gin Blossoms
Country Roads - John Denver
40 Miles of Mountain Road - Kevn Kinney
Cross The Road - Magnolia Electric Co
How I Got Lost On The Road Less Traveled - Wally Pleasant
Left Of The Dial - Replacements
Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect - The Decemberists
I've Been Everywhere - Johnny Cash
Light Enough To Travel - The Be Good Tanyas
Windfall - Trace

Comments

Popular Posts