I am a lazy writer

I wish I was not a lazy writer. I keep on coming ups with ideas of things to write about. The ideas make me think that I have something really good to say about the topic. I think that I can tap into some great incite. Most of the time my writing falls short because I am lazy. I take the easy way out because I want to get my blog published. Instead of working harder and getting my ideas written, I just lower the bar and write less.

I know part of the problem is that I want to get things into my blog quickly. I know I should not use this as an excuse. I just wish I had more focus and drive. I will spent hours watching TV, but it is harder to spend hours writing. When I am using my computer it is easy to get distracted by Flickr, e-mail, or iTunes.

I also know that this happens because I feel that I am not a good writer. I think that my mind is far beyond my ability to share the ideas in it. I am thinking of so many things, but writing is harder than thinking. I am happy to talk about my ideas. If the other person in the conversation does not know what is going on, I know what gaps I need to fill in. That is harder to figure out with writing.

If I did not have to work for a living, I think I would spend four hours a day blogging. That way I know that I would have the right amount of time to spend writing each post. Until my number comes up in the lottery, I have little chance of that happening. Right now I have to figure out how to spend the same amount of time writing and getting to what I really want to write all at the same time. I think this can be done, but I am not sure the right way to do this.

Comments

Popular Posts